Monday 7 March 2011

Evaluation pt6

What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Technologies:
We used a camera in our thriller to take pictures of the setting of our film and also to create the photo that we eventually used to get burnt by Sid, our male lead.
The video camera was used to film the whole sequence, and an Apple Imac Computer that we edited it on, using various software; final cut express, imovie and live type.
We found the music we used for out thriller on mobygratis.com



 I used:



To document the making of my thriller, keep up with my storyboard, and make notes about my thriller. I also used my blog to broadcast my final opening to our groups thriller, and our story board animatic and preliminary excersise from youtube.


IMovie
I used this along with live type to create our production company ident, as it was easier to add the music using this software.


Digital Camcorders
To film our thriller we used Camcorders. We also used tripods to stand them on to keep a steady shot and so we was able to tilt the camera without the scene being shaky. 


Youtube
We used this to broadcast out thriller before I published it on my blog. Using this people all over the world can watch our thriller opening.

Still cameras,
These were used to take the picture we used to burn in the fire scene.

Phones,
I used my mobile phone to take pictures of my some of the places which we then chose to become locations for the thriller.

SlideShare,
For one of the questions of my evaluation I used slide share to demonstrate how my thriller was influenced by different films and genres.

Google,
To research the thriller genre and to find out about other films relating to my thriller I used Google. It then lead me to different websites where I could learn about thrillers, and the conventions of the thriller genres, Wikipedia was very useful for this also.

Survey Monkey,
For my audience research i used Survey Monkey to create a survey which would allow me to see what people liked/dislikes about thrillers, how often they chose to watch them, and any other points they wanted to make about the genre.

Final Cut Express
Our group used this to edit our movie. It was brilliant, it was easy to upload the movie, edit it, cut it down, add effects and music, add and take away sound, and change the picture contrast. Through this we was able to add jump cuts, fade ins and make the flask backs black and white.







From these technologies I have learnt how to operate them more efficiently. I watched the tutorials of the programmes and therefore learnt how to use them quickly, and so i could get the best the programme had to offer. For example, how to add effects on final cut express. I could transform scenes to black and white and add transitions correctly. I have also learnt how to upload videos from the computer straight to my blogg, and also onto youtube, how to make wordles, and slideshare. With slideshare i had a few hiccups as i found the website difficult to use, but after a little help i then became confident in using the programme. 

I have gained many camera skills whilst filming. How to use the tripod sorrectly and therefore correctly develop panning shots, high angle and low andle shots, and a range to shot lengths.  

No comments:

Post a Comment